Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Sep 20, 2013

Five On Friday

Looking for The Little Mermaid DVD giveaway? There's still time to enter! Click here

*************

Good morning and happy Friday to you! I'm hoping to spend the weekend doing some major cleaning and organizing of the three messiest places in our house right now: the garage, basement, and master closet AKA the places we shoved all the stuff we didn't want to deal with right away :)

We will also be celebrating the birthday of a very special girl who is turning FIVE on Sunday. 


Seriously, how do I have a five year old already? Wasn't it just yesterday when I was trying to get my locker unstuck and worrying about being late for Chemistry or whether or not we'd be playing dodgeball in PE? (Seriously, am I the only one who dreaded that game?).

At any rate, we'll be celebrating with a special dinner, cake and presents. 

Today I'm starting a new series called "Five on Friday". Each week I'll be highlighting five of my favorite things. Sometimes it might have a theme, other times it will be random. This week, it's a random assortment of stuff I'm loving right now.

I've long been a fan of the Roasted Red Pepper variety, but a few weeks ago I saw this and knew I needed to give it a try.


Note: When it says supremely spicy it means supremely spicy, so I wouldn't touch it if your taste buds are super sensitive to things with some heat. Personally, I can't get enough of the stuff. The only negative is that they don't have this particular flavor in the Aldi brand (pssst...if anyone from Aldi happens to read this, if you start making this I would be eternally grateful :)

I did find some copycat recipes on Pinterest that I'm looking to try. I'll let you know if I find a winner!

#2:  Zinio
I first found out about this app while I was on our library's website renewing some books. Basically, it's an app where you can purchase magazine subscriptions and view them all in one place. But the COOLEST thing is this: you can actually check magazines out from your library (if they offer that capability) for FREE on your iPad or other mobile device! I've done this before with books but never knew it was possible with magazines!

I've got the latest issue of  DIY Magazine waiting to be viewed on our iPad right now and can't wait until I have a free moment to look through it!

#3:  Second Street Creamery Can't Tell Me No Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Yes, it's a mouthful of a name but you will want more than a mouthful of this stuff once you taste it (you see what I did there? ;) This stuff is ridiculous, in the best possible way. Just check out the description:

"Sweet Cookie Dough flavored Ice Cream, rich Cookie Dough swirl, and (Naughty, naughty!!) Chunks of Chocolate and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough"


It's like eating cookie dough with a little bit of ice cream mixed in. So in otherwords: perfection. Just try to only eat the 1/2 cup serving size listed on the carton. I dare you.

#4  Maurices Military Shirt/Jacket
My Pinterest browsing fashion research tells me that military jackets are a big trend this fall. I LOVE this military jacket. It's lightweight enough that you can still feel comfortable wearing it inside but roomy enough to layer underneath. And it is sooo versatile. You can wear ir in the spring or in the fall. Check out   these posts  of  Sheaffer's for tons of outfit ideas that feature a military jacket. And while you're there, check out her other posts! I love her style and her sense of humor!
Sidenote: why is she standing on her heels like that? I would sprain my ankle in 2 seconds flat if I tried to pose that way. That's what's always kept me from a career in modeling I guess ;)

#5: This.

I would love a picture like this with each of my girls. So sweet! (And no this is not a pregnancy announcement, Mom! :)

(I couldn't find credit for this photo, so if its yours let me know and I will gladly link to you!)

That's all for today! Hope your weekend is a good one!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Love the Five on Friday idea! And, sincerely LOVE seeing you back on here :) Always enjoy looking into your world.

Alicia Lenoir said...

Glad you are back to writing, I was missing your blog posts, but I have a blog and haven't updated in a while so I can understand. Happy weekend.

 
Images by Freepik