Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Sep 23, 2013

Weekend Update + And A Birthday Girl!

Hello and happy Monday to you! How was your weekend?

Ours was a very busy and full one! Though temperatures mid-week had been hot, humid and summer-ish, a cold front blew through Thursday night bringing cooler weather and crazy storms with it! The creek behind our house, which has been dry as a bone all summer, was RUSHING with water. We were fortunate not to incur any damage but when we drove through our old neighborhood, we saw tons of tree branches - and some entire trees! lying on the ground.

Between potty training and a brief bout with the stomach flu (for Lily) we hadn't even stepped out of the house since Tuesday, so on Friday morning I loaded the girls up and we headed back to our old stomping grounds for a morning of errands. 


After a quick stop for a Pumpkin Spice Latte :), I took the girls to get their hair cut. This was Sophia's first and she was adorably excited about it. 




We didn't do anything drastic, just trimmed off dead ends and evened things up a bit!


She wanted to take a picture herself :)


On Saturday, though I had hoped to tackle the unfinished areas of our new house, we ended up back at our old house cleaning out and moving the remaining furniture that we had left to stage it. We officially have only 7 days until we close and I will let out a huge sigh of relief if we make it through to that day!

Anywho, Sunday was, of course, was Lily's birthday! We took her to IHOP for a special pancake breakfast after church and when we mentioned to the server that it was her birthday, she brought out an ice cream sundae. Lily was absolutely mortified that they were singing to her and that everyone was looking at her! But she did enjoy the ice cream. Later that day when I asked what her favorite thing about her birthday was she said, "eating ice cream in the morning," and her least favorite thing? "The singing." :)

After brunch we went home and opened presents. Her favorite was this Sofia the First play set.


But she also loved her pink and purple Nerf gun  that Daddy picked out!



Later I fixed her special dinner - quesadillas, at her request!


And we had chocolate cake with pink frosting - also her request!



She got to talk on the phone and Skype with both sets of grandparents


And that was our weekend! How was yours?

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik