Remember when I used to write here almost every day? Yeah, me neither.
Last time we talked we had just bought a house...THREE months later, so much has happened I don't even know where to start.
It hasn't been the best summer I've ever had.
We are now the happy owners of our new home.
And also the sad and somewhat frustrated owners of our old home.
We got an offer on it within four days of listing it at the beginning of July. A good offer. A GREAT offer! Better than we could have imagined. One might also say...too good to be true?
The people asked us to do all sorts of nit picky little stuff after the inspection and we bent over backwards to complete it all.
And then they backed out on us. Four days before closing. Two days before we moved.
Yeah.
So though we got to keep their earnest money, we had also lost a month of time. Turns out, they are having some personal struggles and should definitely NOT have bought a house together. They probably shouldn't have ever made an offer on the house in the first place, but everyone makes mistakes.
So, we relisted it. And AGAIN got an offer within four days. Almost as good as the first one.
Then we had a problem with the appraisal, long story made super short, we are still on track to close at the end of the month but the people who are buying our house are getting a steal of a deal.
We could relist it, but we don't want to. We are ready to be done with it.
Apart from the house there have been a lot of other things going on...some little, some big....that have been...I don't know, I guess the best description would be SQUEEZING us. We've been going through a lot of transitions. A lot of change. A lot of uncertainty.
I don't really do well with uncertainty.
We are in what I would call an uncomfortable place. I don't like it, and yet,...I know this is a part of the process of sanctification.
I have more thoughts on that, because the process of submission to the Lord in EVERY circumstance is not something that has come very easily to me.
I'm still working on it.
He's still working on me...thank goodness because I would have given up on me a long time ago.
I've been learning to loosen my grip on certain things that I didn't even realize I was grasping.
But that's a story for another day.
For now, I'm learning to trust Him, day by day, moment by moment, sometimes SECOND BY SECOND if I'm really being honest.
That quote, by a lady who has lost a whole lot more in this life than I have, has become the theme of my summer. His ways, not mine.
So, now you're up to date. Hoping to be on here a little more regularly. I've missed it!
Oh, and some obligatory pictures of these sweeties that keep me smiling even on my worst days..
Ice cream cones at Burger King...simple pleasures.



4 comments:
I can relate with you SO MUCH about the house issues. I'm sorry that has happened, it's annoying, but you are right - great in our sanctification. Pics of the girls are so so sweet. We miss you - hoping to catch up soon.
1. Your girls are so absolutely sweet! Love the ice cream faces.
2. Great to see you back in the blogosphere! :)
I have MISSED you!!! I'm glad you're loving your new house! I hope everything works out with selling your old house without any more issues!
The girls are growing up so fast! They are beautiful!
And now I feel the need to hug you.
Story of my summer. I keep trying to tell God how it's suppose to be done.
Post a Comment