Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

May 29, 2014

Listy McListerson

  • I'm so thankful baby boys do not require any hair accessories.
  • We got a new vacuum. It was life changing. I might do a whole post about it someday. (This is how you know you're thirty)
  • I moved the couch in our front room around. It looks so much better. Not sure why this never occurred to me before!
  • I feel like I could break out into an Olaf style Ode to Summer right now. Yeah, I know I'm pregnant and massive and puffy, but I would not trade this warm, humid weather for anything right now! Flip flops, grilled hot dogs, fresh fruit, potato salad, garage sales, park days, and this:

They played outside for HOURS this morning. I think this was them pretending they were mommies with babies and they didn't have a house so they had to make their own home. I cleaned while I listened to them make believe through open windows. Every day moments like these are just one of the reasons I'm so thankful to get to be at home!
  • You know all those random little projects that you have in your mind to do but never take the time? I've been doing a bunch of them around our house. Mostly to keep my mind off of the contractions that I'm decidedly NOT having yet ;) 
Purse hook in front closet (this is just a drapery tie back)

Shelves in kitchen. Actually, shelf in kitchen. I was in the process of hanging the second one and I might have accidentally gotten part of a drywall screw stuck in the wall and I can't get it out. "Honey, there's a hole in the wall I need you to fix." Words every husband dreams of hearing after a long day at work :/


Homeschool stuff put on shelves in basement. This isn't finished and will need to be more organized when we get our curriculum for next year but previous to this, this was all shoved in a decorative trunk in our living room, so PROGRESS!


Pictures actually in picture frames. If you know me, this is huge. I am the worst at printing out pictures. I've been known to leave frames empty for months at a time.



"Pool Bag" packed and in the car. I really would like one of those big Thirty One organizers someday, but for now this small one fits just what we need. I pack it with towels, sunscreen, and sunglasses for the girls and it sits in the back of our van ready for a trip to the pool. 

  • I officially packed away all the girls winter clothes. Not even a little sad about that.
  • I've been hitting up consignment sales, garage sales, and Goodwill looking to adorable baby boy clothes since spring and have been able to acquire quite the stylish wardrobe for the first year of little man's life. Some of my faves:

Puma outfit from Goodwill, only $1.49!!

This blazer, from a friend of a friend's garage sale, $3. I die!


This Under Armour outfit, which was purchased by daddy, not me, and not on sale but seriously....how cute???

Who says little boy clothes can't be fun? :)
  • Now we're just waiting on the little guy who's going to fill those shorts! (Probably quite literally, I might add ;)

Hope you are having a happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Love seeing all the pictures! You should check ebay for thirty one bags, I've found a few really good deals on there!

 
Images by Freepik