I just can't even with the cuteness.
Dave likes to joke that he is turning me into a total softie. And he's right. He just melts me into a puddle. Which is fine right now when he's a snuggly baby but when he starts needing some discipline? Oh boy are we in trouble. Tough love, mama, tough love.
Anywho.
When we went to the doctor she told us that he looks so, "advanced" and "mature" which is a pretty hilarious description of a 2 month old. But I get what she's saying, because he really does act older than 2 months. He is thee smiliest, most interactive baby. Yesterday while I was out for a couple hours Dave told me he got his first belly laughs. He just loves to be around people, loves to watch what's going on around him and LOVES to be talked to and cooed at.
He's been holding his head up almost since he was born - like, literally, the doctor laid him on my chest and he was pushing up with his arms and holding his head up when he was all of two seconds old. And he's been rolling over for weeks now. So, you know, he's probably going to end up being a professional athlete someday. But I'm totally not biased ;)
He's also 12 pounds 10 oz, which is a milestone I'm pretty sure neither of the girls hit until they were, like, 6 months old. For real.
The downside of his being so "advanced" and "mature" and all, is that he never really had that newborn "I'll sleep anywhere at any time" phase. And, in fact, he does not sleep well at all in his carseat which means I have to spend a lot of time at home if I want him to take decent naps, which means I am at home a lot during the week which sometimes makes me crazy. However, good sleep habits are so worth establishing, and i know from having two older children that we'll all be better for it in the long run.
Plus I don't spend nearly as much time at Target which means I don't spend nearly as much money at Target, so there you go.
I'm at that paradoxical stage where I am kissing his chubby cheeks and hoping he never gets older, while simultaneously praying that he will start sleeping through the night soon.
Also? If you watch Jimmy Fallon at all then you will appreciate this next picture.
It's Baby Rob Ford. Please, Lord, let this be the only time in his life when he resembles him!
I've been trying to write out the story of his birth for weeks now, and every time I do I get so so emotional. It's hard for me to put into words what his life has meant to us! God's grace is so inextricably intertwined in it.
Luke, we are so thankful to God for the gift of your life, so blessed to be able to know you and hold you and love you here, on this earth! Happy 2 months and praying for many more!



1 comment:
He's so dang cute. Love his hair. And his cheeks! Oh, and my 6-month old is 13 lbs.
Post a Comment