Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Sep 12, 2014

Friday Favorites: All Things Pumpkin and Plaid

Whew! We made it to Friday! Honestly, it's been a little bit of a heavy week for us, but I'm keeping it lighthearted for today and linking up with AndreaNarci, and Erika for Friday Favorites.

Momfessionals




You all know how I've professed my love for the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks. Well, last year in the drive thru, the barista offered me some of their PSL Via coffee - it's instant, you just add water. I was skeptical because I normally HATE instant coffee. But it tasted so good! It wasn't exactly like a latte right from Starbucks, but it was pretty darn close! I bought some and made myself a cup with homemade whipped cream on top...mmmmmm. Now that we live so much further away from Starbucks, it isn't really convenient for me to get a drink regularly (probably a good thing). So this will be my substitute!


What tweenage girl in the 90s didn't have a crush on JTT? He was our Justin Bieber...only not as stupid ;) My mom wouldn't actually let me have posters of boys in my room, which was, like, so unfair (totally get it now Mom, bt-dub) but I do remember smuggling in a poster of him by way of a magazine i bought at the Scholastic Book Fair once when I was in 8th grade. I was such a rebel ;) A friend posted this link on Facebook and it totally cracked me up.




Another friend posted this on Facebook last night. So funny. Love it! Who wants to come have a marathon Gilmore Girls watching session with me? :)

4. Fall Candles
We are in full throttle fall mode here. The weather is super chilly so we've busted out the jeans and long sleeved shirts and boots. And I'm hoping to bring out some fall decor later today. Last night I went to a friend's candle party and ordered a new fall candle from Gold Canyon: Pumpkin Berry Spice Cookie



I just love their candles!! Can't wait to get this and start burning it!




Speaking of Pumpkin Spice, we had a team meeting for Tastefully Simple on Monday night and got to taste a bunch of recipes from the new fall/winter catalog. This was so yummy!! Serve it with some Twisty Grahams and BAM! You've got an instant dessert for a fall get together. I wish I had some right now to go with my Pumpkin Spice Latte. On second thought, that might be a pumpkin overload. Can you have such a thing?!?

6. All Things Plaid

I'm no fashionista but I'm noticing a major trend towards plaid this fall. Here are a few of my favorites:

This plaid scarf is so cozy and would instantly turn a plain shirt or sweater and jeans into an outfit!


I also love this plaid shirt





It would look so cute with this boyfriend cardigan in navy or red.







That's all for today. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

V @ X-tremely V said...

I am hoping to swing in ON for the scarf this weekend :) Love it! And I just received that red puffer in the mail and I love it!!!

Unknown said...

That plaid shirt is so adorable! I love it and instantly clicked on the link to look closer at it and it's out of my size. But there are some other cute plaid colors to see.
The pumpkin spice cheese ball looks delish! And no such thing as pumpkin overload. I, too, love pumpkin everything :)

Life in Bucklesberry said...

I also love Starbucks PSL!!! So ready to enjoy it with cooler weather!!
The pumpkin spice cheese ball sounds delicous!!!
Have a blessed weekend!
April
www.lifeinbucklesberry.blogspot.com

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Loving the plaid, too!

I am also so glad you mentioned the via. I asked the barista how it was and no one could tell me. Totally picking some up.

 
Images by Freepik