Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Sep 15, 2009

I'm A Social Drinker...

...of COFFEE that is {the alcohol I don't touch but that's a story for another day...}

I think it started in college when going to study at a coffee shop was uber-cool. All my friends were doing it. And besides, what else do you order at a coffee shop? {Well, sometimes I ordered hot chocolate, but that's beside the point...}

But I don't think I really became hooked until I graduated college and started working a very stressful job. My friend Molly and I would take our 15 minute break and run to a little coffee kiosk in the skywalk near our building -- just so we could get outta Dodge for a few minutes. She introduced me to the Turtle Mocha -- it was love at first sip.

It didn't take long for me to become addicted to the "foo-foo" coffee drink. White Chocolate Mochas, Cinnamon Dolces, and of course, the Pumpkin Spice Latte. DE-LISH.

But still, it was a social thing -- we didn't have a coffee maker at home. Until now.

My mom got a new coffee maker awhile back and offered me her old one. I accepted. And this weekend at the store I went in search for some coffee that I could stomach {I still can't handle it strong and black like some people}. This is what I got:


Doesn't that sound simply delectable?

And I'll be using this in it:


Mmmm....

I like my coffee with lotsa cream, sugar, flavor, or all three. How do you like your coffee?
Photobucket

8 comments:

Joel said...

I just had a cup of Folgers Gourmet with some french vanilla creamer - Delish!

This Heavenly Life said...

I like my coffee in a big steaming mug - in somebody else's hands. Hot tea or hot chocolate for me, please...but I have a feeling that if I ever jumped on the coffee train it'd be for the foo-foo drinks.

Jenn said...

I'm a social drinker as well...I don't think I even know how to use our new espresso/coffee maker! :) I'm in love with Duncan Donuts hazelnut coffee right now.

Anonymous said...

I don't take it, but when I do drink it, I'm like you - lots of cream or milk and sugar! :)

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Beck, next time you sip your Folger's pretend I'm sitting across the table from you -- miss ya! :)

Sarah and Rachel -- I used to be just like you but the peer pressure got to me...come on EVERYBODY'S doing it...one sip won't hurt ;0)

And Jenn, I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually made coffee on my own -- my mom had to show me how to work the machine when she gave it to me :)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

My preference....is Medium -> Dark Roast coffee (no flavor) w/ the flavor & milk added.
I have some serious coffee drinkers in my fam. They probably need a Coffee Drinkers Anonymous group, really...but they say that "the better quality" the coffee, the less bitter. And actually.....they are so right!!

so...my verification word is modest...this is odd..I almost never get real words :P

A Fist Full of Dandelions said...

I am a huge coffee junkie! International delight makes a delish creamer...Chocolate Eclair. I highly recommend it.

Anonymous said...

So I know this is weird, but I like my coffee on ice. Sometimes when eating dessert I can stomach the warm stuff but most of the time, I only like it iced with lots of sweet n' low (no cancer comments please) and cream. :)

 
Images by Freepik