Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Dec 2, 2009

Random Dozen: {Insert Creative Title Here}

  1. Which Wizard of Oz character are you most like?
    If I’m being really brutally honest here, the Tin Man – because sometimes it’s like I have no heart. God has really been hammering away at me about my compassion {or lack thereof} for other people this past year. That analytical, logical, practical, judgmental side gets the best of me time after time.

    And while we’re being brutally honest here…you could probably also say the Scarecrow, because my brain? She’s not what she used to be…

  2. When you're deciding what you're going to wear each morning, which item do you select first? Why?
    This is assuming I’m actually taking the time to assemble some sort of outfit instead of just throwing on the warmest most comfortable thing I can find, right? I pick the shirt first.

  3. What kind of animal do you think the world could live without?
    Snakes. Spiders. Mosquitoes. Really just bugs in general

  4. How many Christmas trees are in your home?
    Two! One “pretty” tree in the living room and then our little artificial tree in the basement, for sentimental value – we got it the first year we were married and it holds all our family ornaments.

  5. Would you prefer to be emotionless if it mean you didn't have to feel a heartbreak?
    And miss out on all the good emotions? Not a chance. What’s that quote? “Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.”

  6. Do you ever experience holiday let-down or depression?
    Not depression, per se, but definitely let-down, every year after Christmas. Cold weather and snow just aren’t as fun without all the hustle and bustle of the holidays.

  7. Do you like Michael Jackson's music?
    With the exception of Thriller, nope, I don’t. I don’t even really know many of his songs.
  8. Why is it that we never judge people who have their teeth fixed for cosmetic reasons, but every other cosmetic procedure has a stigma?
    Good question – like it’s so vain to get a nose job but braces and teeth whitening are perfectly acceptable? I don’t have a good answer for that one.

  9. Enjoy horseback riding?
    I could take it or leave it. The last time I rode a horse was at a summer camp I was working at one week during college. We rode on this trail where there was only enough room for one horse at a time and the horse in front of me kept farting. It was not a pleasant experience.

  10. Shoes--practical or stylish?
    Kinda depends on the activity. I’m not gonna go for a jog in my high heels but I’m also not going to wear my tennies to church. Although I have been known to go get the mail in my slippers.

  11. What was the name of your first pet? Feel free to post a pic.
    Cookie, a black and white dog we had when we lived in Pennsylvania. Her mom’s name was Oreo :)

  12. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done?
    I have no idea. I’m not close to being done, I can tell you that!

Hop over to Linda’s for more Random Dozen fun!

1 comment:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

You already have FAMILY ornaments?! Oh goodness, I am be-hind the times.

 
Images by Freepik