Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jan 6, 2010

This ‘n That

I haven’t been blogging much lately, not because I have nothing to talk about – au contraire – we’ve been uber busy ever since we got back from New York.

I just think my brain decided to take an extended vacation. I’ve been having trouble forming complete thoughts.

So here’s what’s been going on:

  • Mario Kart. Lots and lots of Mario Kart. Dave’s parents got us a Wii for Christmas (!!!!) and I hate to say it, but it’s been more than a little distracting :) I am not a video game person at all but I have a deep, deep love for Mario Kart.

    Lily’s been getting in on the fun too:
    January 2010 016
  • Goals. Lots and lots of goals. I’ve never really been one to write down my New Year’s Resolutions, but this year I’m trying to change that. Accountability is a beautiful thing. More on that later.

  • Exercise. Lots and lots of exercise. The Life Insurance Lady might say I weigh less, but the waistband on my pants is telling a different story. And regardless of my weight, I ought to be exercising so I can be healthy. It’d also be nice if my middle section didn’t “jiggle like a bowl full of jelly” when I laugh, too…whatever happened to my core strength?
    045 
    Never mind….I remember :)

  • Reading. Lots and lots of reading. Good stuff. Convicting stuff. Life changing stuff. More on that later too.

  • Freezing. Lots and lots of freezing. I know I’m not alone either – from what I hear, most of the country is living in a refrigerator just like we are. I miss global warming…*sigh*

  • Cleaning. Lots and lots of cleaning. And yet, somehow…my house is still a mess. Tell me, how is it possible that I can clean all.day.long and yet things still look like this:
    Miscelleneous Winter 09 019 
    Oh yes…that’s right…I have a toddler…a.k.a Human Tornado
    Miscelleneous Winter 09 018-1 I’m not sure how I ever managed to mail out Christmas cards before she was around to “help” me.

So that’s the past week or so in a nutshell. Maybe one of these days I’ll stop being lazy and write an actual post or two.

Or maybe I’ll just keep boring you with bullet points :)

6 comments:

une autre mère said...

I hear you on pretty much all of those points above. And yes, whatever happened to the good ol' days of global warming?

Aren't toddlers an amazing help? Maybe you can send Lily over later today to help me get my house cleaned for tomorrow's company. Between her and my 3, I'm sure I'll get it done in, like... 5 days.

Catholic Mutt said...

Well, at least your "help" is beyond cute! I'm with you on the freezing thing. This cold and snow has got to go!

Amy said...

Love the pictures. Imagine the mess with three :) I feel like I am constantly cleaning and yet...it never looks like it. Oh well. It is worth it.
Blessings,
Amy

Together We Save said...

She is so beautiful... you will have a clean house again one day, for now.... enjoy the mess!

Michelle said...

look at you and your cute baby bump! oh how sweet!

we were watching home videos the other day and that is exactly what my floors looked like. now it's covered with itty bitty toys that you step on {ouch}

lily just precious!

Anonymous said...

Bullet points aren't boring. :)

And it's true - what would we do without our little "helpers"? :)

 
Images by Freepik