It seems I’ve totally lost my blogging mojo over the summer. It’s certainly not for lack of blog-worthy material – just lack of time and motivation to talk about it. But there are definitely a lot of things I could be blogging about.
I could talk about the three different furniture refinishing projects I’ve got going on right now…
..Or about making Lily’s Halloween costume {it’s shaping up to be super cute}.
I could talk about how we’re tackling the painting of our living room/dining room/kitchen this weekend {and how I as of yet have not settled on paint colors – oy!}…
I could tell you about my ideas for Lily’s birthday party {is it seriously only one month away?}….
…Or about how all of our weekends from now till the baby comes are booked solid.
I could show you pictures of all the painstaking planning I’ve been doing for my big Freezer Cooking day to stock up before the baby comes….
…Or tell you about how said baby is doing it’s darndest to keep me from getting a good night’s sleep – even before it makes it’s grand entrance into this world and starts demanding meals every 3 hours.
I could talk about the crazy severe weather and unbelievable amounts of rain we’ve been getting….
…Or about how fortunate we are that we haven’t had so much as a drop of water in our basement while so many others are evacuating their homes due to flooding {so thankful!}
I could tell you about how we have to spend $300 to fix our old Dodge Intrepid because it decided it wanted to stop cooling the engine…during the hottest month of the summer :-S
…Or about how it’s been so hot this week that our wading pool literally feels like a hot tub – minus the jets.
I could entertain you for hours {well, ok, maybe minutes} with stories about Lily’s ever expanding vocabulary and the hilarious songs she sings to herself in her crib…
…Or drone on and on about how much fun I think it is to have an almost two year old little girl – at least one as precious as Lily is :)
Really, I’ve got at least a month’s worth of blog posts that I could be writing about…and maybe I will get around to telling you about all those things eventually.
But for now I’m too busy – soaking up every last bit of this crazy summer, enjoying time with my sweet baby girl, and tackling my ginormo To Do list…I hope you’ll forgive me – and won’t write me off completely in the meantime :)
I’ll start blogging more regularly eventually, once things slow down…like, you know, after I have the baby…because I won’t be busy at all then ;)



3 comments:
Will not write you off at. all... I'm right there with you. Hope you get better sleep soon, to help you feel accomplished in your {ever growing} to-do list. ;)
I would like to hear more about the freezer meals. :o) I have thought about doing that and have good intentions of doing that, but finding the motivation...well that's another story.
I hear ya on all writing about all the projects. I have redone 4 tables painted 4 rooms and have plans for one more and numerous other projects and have yet to blog about it. Enjoy summer and the last few months having an only child. I even made a to do list of things I wanted to do with Dane before the baby got here :o) Enjoy your summer!!
I'll have to agree, this summer has been crazy busy! I think it's easier to blog when we're snowed inside, going days without actually speaking in person to a real live friend! *shudder* I'll take the sun!
Hope your painting weekend goes well!
Post a Comment