It’s party time!
The Nester and Kelly are kicking off their annual Christmas Tour(s) of Homes today. I look forward to this every year. Mostly just because I’m nosy and I like seeing what the inside of other people’s houses look like :) And I figure if I’m spying on other people that way, it’s only fair for me to let them see my house, right?
So here’s our holiday home!
You may remember {or not} that last year at Christmas we basically had a hole in the wall covered with sheetrock instead of a fireplace. So I was SUPER excited to have the completed fireplace to decorate – especially the mantle!
Somewhere…can’t remember where exactly…I saw the idea to hang ornaments above the mantle and loved it! I just used fishing line and thumbtacks.
I used the same bronze ornaments for our “pretty” tree as I did last year.
I really wanted a tree skirt but didn’t want to cough up the money for one – my mother-in-law suggested finding some fabric and then it hit me – why not use tulle? It’s cheap, comes in all different colors, and is really soft and pretty.
And did I mention it’s cheap? Like, $.77/yard. If I would’ve thought of it sooner, I would have bought some extra to wrap around the tree as garland. Wouldn’t that be pretty? Maybe next year.
And here’s a nighttime shot. Super blurry. Oh well.
I think our dining room table centerpiece is one of my favorite spots in the house right now. I looove how it turned out!
The trees are just those grapevine trees you can get at Hobby Lobby. They’re plain brown so I used some spray paint {Rustoleum Aged Bronze for the darker ones and Krylon Caramel Latte for the lighter one} plus some glitter spray to glam them up a little. Some Dollar Store hurricanes and extra ornaments and voila! A centerpiece.
This is where I ended up putting my ginormous clearance candies. Do me a favor and pretend like you don’t see how messy my counters are. I’d like to tell you that it’s not normally that bad but the truth is, it looks that more often than I care to admit. Just keepin’ it real ;)
So there you have it! Our Christmas home.
Hope you enjoyed!



10 comments:
What a beautiful tablescape...love those colors. I’m having a Christmas Open House on the 16th…you love to have you join in!
Blessings,
Linda
Everything looks so pretty> Don't the twinke lights make you smile? I love the hanging ornaments. I can't wait to have a mantle to decorate next year.
Beautiful! I especially love the "floating ornaments" above the fireplace. Fun idea!
Looks great! I'm here from the Nesters party! We have the same clock over our mantles! Winners? I painted over the gold that was peaking thru mine!
Happy Holidays!
Cindy
love, love, love your browns & golds... so pretty! also... love your blog! i'm your newest follower:)
I love it all!! -Especially love the fireplace and your centerpiece. You have such an eye for decorating Amy!
So pretty!! I love the tree skirt idea : brilliant!
That pillow in your last post is adorable too. Great job!
Love it! Your taste is so classy, and I am amazed at your thriftiness ;) Keep sharing your tips and ideas.....it is very motivating!
Happy holidays!
I really like your fireplace! It all looks very fancy. :)
GORGEOUS home!
Post a Comment