Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Feb 24, 2011

There’s A Lesson In This Somewhere…

So, you know…good old Mr. Murphy…he just won’t leave me alone…

February 2011 008

That’s my wrist.

It’s broken.

I’ll tell you the story, someday. I’m not very proficient at typing left-handed…yet.

You can make up your own story in the meantime. It’s probably much cooler and way less embarrassing than what actually happened Smile

The receptionist at the doctor’s office asked me, “So does your job require you to do much handwriting?”

No. Not a lot of handwriting. Just a lot of diaper changing and food preparation and baby holding and toddler chasing…you know…things that are easy to do with one hand.

*Ahem*

Anyway…there are things the Lord wants to teach me through all of this, and I don’t want to miss them.  So my heart is open, Lord – you may have had to break my hand to get my attention but…I’m listening…

Happy Thursday! Smile

8 comments:

Becky said...

Oh Amy :( I feel really bad for you!!! I'm curious about the story but understand the typing disabilities right now. Praying for you!!

peter marie said...

Oh no! I'm sorry! I'll pray you become a pro at using just one hand! :)

H-Mama said...

((((Amy)))), bless your heart. If I lived closer, I would totally help you out with some of those one-handed-duties.

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Oh Amy, I am so sorry! Please tell me you didn't fall because your new boots were slippery!
Praying that poopy diapers will only happen in the evenings, take out will happen often, and you'll get really fast at hen-pecking so you can share the story of this little mishap! Seriously, I will pray that God will give you strength to operate with one hand and quick healing!

Kelly said...

Bless your heart! Praying for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

I thought of this verse when I read your post: "She is clothed with strength and dignity. She can laugh at the days to come." Proverbs 31:25

Can't wait to hear the story and hang in there friend.

une autre mère said...

Oh Amy!! You poor thing! I'm anxious to hear how this happened. I'll be praying for you!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Amy - I am so, so sorry. :( Being a mom would def. be one of the hardest jobs to do one handed. (Cringing just thinking about it).

And your attitude? Both humbles and encourages me.

 
Images by Freepik