Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Oct 27, 2011

This n That

Just some miscellaneous thoughts…

  1. I love Chick-Fil-A. I remember the first time I ate there I looked at the menu and thought, “What is the big deal, all they have is chicken,” and then I bit into their spicy chicken sandwich and I realized what the big deal was.

    chick-fil-a_meal1And they have the best kids’ meals. Last time we went there their “toy” was a Veggie Tales CD, and they offer delicious fruit as a side instead of fries or plain apples. Unfortunately (or actually, probably fortunately) there isn’t really one very close to us. Otherwise I’m pretty sure I’d be tempted to eat there weekly.

    They didn’t pay me to say any of that, I just really, really like them. Although…hey…gotta say, if they offered to pay me I wouldn’t turn them down Winking smile

  2. I’m on a pumpkin kick. A couple of weeks ago I found this recipe for pumpkin pancakes on Pinterest.

    Source: None via Amy on Pinterest



    Last night I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. And currently I’m trying out a homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe in our crockpot.

  3. I’m already thinking about putting out my Christmas decorations.

  4. Speaking of Christmas, I just heard that Michael Buble is putting out a Christmas album. Michael Buble + Christmas = awesome
    Michael Buble Christmas

  5. I’ve been reading in Luke during my quiet time and this is the verse that jumped out at me today, “And He said to them, “Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses.” What a great reminder as we head into an oft materialistic time of year. My life is about more than the stuff that I have…and I am so grateful for that, aren’t you?


    Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

Mandi said...

I keep hearing about this crock pot pumpkin latte... and then I think, "Hmmm... I should make that" and then I don't. TEll me how it is! I'm on a pumpkin kick, too!

This Heavenly Life said...

I have a confession: we eat at chick-fil-a almost weekly. It's our saturday treat for lunch, and I almost DEPEND upon it to make it through to the weekend! It's just so good! The chicken is REAL, the fries are REAL, the cooking oil is something healthy-ish, and the kids' meals DO rock.

Did you know you can save your 'toy' (like, for example, if you already have four of the same toy because you eat there so often...ahem) if you don't want it and exchange it for a kids' ice cream cone instead? Awesome.

Plus, I don't know about your location, but here? They have the BEST customer service in town. I'm talkin' employees helping you out to your car in the rain with their giant umbrella. The manager checking to see if I need a refill on my iced tea. Employees bringing placemats for my girls.

LOVE Chick-fil-a. LOVE.



And I love that verse from Luke! Very good to hear right now and always :)

Amy said...

Fun post! We LOVE Chick-fil-a! Their food and employees are the best.
Blessings,
Amy

Anonymous said...

I bought a huge can of pumpkin at Walmart the other day and have been trying to incorporate it into everything. I made pumpkin pancakes too, so yummy!

 
Images by Freepik