Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Apr 17, 2012

In My Virtual Shopping Cart…

I’ve had my eye on several items to order through Amazon but wanted to wait to order until I had enough to qualify for free shipping. And today was the day!

Here’s what’s going to be delivered in a couple of days:

A Little Book of Manners: Courtesy & Kindness for Young Ladies

A Little Book of Manners: Courtesy and Kindness for Young Ladies
My plan is to go through this book with Lily this summer. We reeaaallly need to work on manners – I’m hoping this will help make it fun? Smile

Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons

Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons
I mentioned before that I was considering getting this and decided to finally take the plunge. We won’t be starting the lessons until this fall...I’m planning on practicing “teaching” Dave until then so I can get good at it Smile

LeapFrog: Letter Factory

Leapfrog Letter Factory
Several people have recommended this to me as a fun way to help with letter recognition and sounds. I’m planning to watch it with Lily a couple of times a week throughout the summer.

Do-A-Dot Rainbow Art Set (Set of 6)

Do-a-Dot Rainbow Art Set
Spill proof paint markers. Brilliant!

Playtex Spill-Proof Cup Replacement Valves 2 ea

Playtex Spill Proof Cup Replacement Valves
Are we the only ones that can’t seem to keep track of these? We have SIX sippy cups and only TWO valves. Not a clue where the others disappeared to!

And lastly, these aren’t something I bought today but I’m pretty sure I’d love a pair of these in every color…especially the gold. And the orange. And the turquoise. A girl can dream, right? Smile

Happy Tuesday!

6 comments:

Marcella{The Life After "Trust Me"} said...

I've had the How to Teach your child to read in 100 Lessons book in my Amazon shopping cart for a bit also!
I've heard so many good things about!

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

100 Lessons is great! I'm using it now with my 5-year-old, and he's doing so well with it. Also, we have 5 or 6 or the Leapfrog DVDs now, and I can't recommend them enough. They are fun and a great teaching tool. (I've bought my fair share of those valves too over the years. I usually pick them up at Target.) :)

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Well, duh Kate! Why didn't I think of looking at Target? I guess it's good to know they have them for the next time we need some...which judging by the speed with which we lose them, shouldn't be long! And I suppose it gave me a good excuse to get some of this other stuff I've been wanting, right? :)

I'm glad to hear another good testimony from that Teach Your Child to Read book -- I'm excited to start it with Lily, she keeps telling me she can't wait to learn to read "without Mommy" :)

Amber said...

Hey Amy! The manners book? Love it! I used it with my then-five-year-old last year during our school lessons. I tried the 100 Lessons book with my son four years ago, and we didn't like it. However, I've heard many success stories from other people so it probably just depends on the child. I haven't tried it with my Lily.

Erica said...

Letter Factory is an awesome movie! Josiah loves it! He has already learned all of the letters and their sounds. I really want to get some of those paint markers, too. And those valve replacements? I have no idea how they get lost either!
Btw, I love your blog! I enjoy your style of writing. :)

Anonymous said...

Visiting over from Delight Thyself where there was a lovely link of your jewelry hanging project. I do love Amazon and am amazed at all the different things you can find there!

Blessings,
Nicole at Working Kansas Homemaker

 
Images by Freepik