Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Mar 16, 2015

A Slice of Life

Helloooooo!!

Anybody out there?

Anybody?

Anybody?

Bueller??

It's been I can't even remember how many months since I've written on here. For multiple reasons, mainly a busier schedule and adjusted priorities. I'm not sure how much of an audience I have left, or if I've even got one apart from the grandparents! 

But I know this - I've missed this little space. It's not because I've ever been a successful blogger or because I think anyone really cares all that much what I write here - it's just because this is a fun creative outlet for me. One that requires no money, unlike decorating the house, much to Dave's delight.

I kind of debated just shutting the whole thing down for awhile, but I've got so many fun memories captured here! So for now, it stays. I don't know for sure how regularly I'll post - or if anyone even cares anymore - we'll just play it by ear!

So I'm not going to try and play catch up because it's too overwhelming and I'm too lazy ;)

Currently...

All the kids are having rest time and I'm catching up on episodes of 19 Kids and Counting and having a slice of this pie:



It's been super warm here the past week or so, so we've been spending all our spare time outside doing stuff like this:





Dear Spring,

Please don't leave me.

Kthanksbye.

Today it's forecasted to be in the 80's and we plan to take advantage of the DQ Free Cone Day once rest time is over.

We are soclose to being done with our homeschool year. We are working hard to have everything but our last week of phonics completed by the end of April. Then we're taking the months of May and June completely off. I'll probably start to sprinkle in some of the phonics and math review sheets in July and I've got a list of some fun educational activities to do here and there to break up the park and pool days this summer.

This, of course, sounds good on paper but ask me how that plan is going in July ;)

Anywho...that's a slice of our life lately. And speaking of slices, I'm gonna go finish that pie and enjoy my last few minutes of quiet :)

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm still here! :) And I've missed reading your blog. It's really a shame we aren't neighbors, because I also watched an episode of 19 kids and counting during rest time today :)

 
Images by Freepik