Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Dec 16, 2009

And We’re Done {Sigh}

Whew! That was, in a word, exhausting.

And FUN!

I don’t remember the last time I laughed so hard while I baking. I definitely want to do it again. Maybe not next week but definitely next year.

We’ve got tins filled for our neighbors:

008

A plate full of goodies for Dave to take to work:

052

And a Tupperware container literally bulging with yummies:

055

Oh yes, and this tin is filled with one of each treat {including the “Shrimp”}

002

There’s still time to enter the giveaway. Keep it up with the comments – it’s cheap entertainment :)

I’ve got to end by giving a few shout outs. First,

Mindy

One of my bestest friends, she made what would have otherwise been a lot of work feel like a lot of fun.

Christmas Tree 001

Mary and Martha

I don’t know who they are, but they wrote this cookbook that supplied us with almost all of our recipes today.

Dishin' Up Desserts and Hope by Barbour: Book Cover

My mom

Our baby-sitter and resident baking expert, she corralled our children and fielded questions all day. We could NOT have done this without her. You rock mom!

051 

Lily and Hannah

For being super cute and providing us with comic relief.  How can you NOT smile when you see this?

046

Alrighty. Baking’s done. Kitchen’s cleaned. Time to put my feet up…aaahh…

Come back tomorrow to find out who won!!

21 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Very fun.
In the pic with your mom.....Lily looks like her Daddy! Wowza.
That tin will look nice in my house ;)

This Heavenly Life said...

Ahhhh, I was *wondering* how you managed to keep the kiddos enterained during your baking. Very wise decision having your mom over :)

You have me totally inspired to make those yummy recipes.

In the off chance I don't win, that is. I'm scrappy.

une autre mère said...

I too was curious about the childcare situation. I baked for 4 hours today, but of course my cute little helpers made it take about double the time it should have... But it was definitely worth it. There's nothing better than cookies sprinkled with love from my girls! :) Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

Ah... I'm looking forward to tasting your wonderful goodies next week!
~Kim

Anonymous said...

I had to look back through to the picture Katie was talking about, but I TOTALLY agree... she looks like Dave in that shot... (and yes, I did decide to post this after the first one for an extra name in the pot!) This has been fun to watch, and "partake in". :)
~Kim

Anonymous said...

Gina, Katie...

Anonymous said...

Its been

Anonymous said...

Fun.

Anonymous said...

I'll let you know how they taste!
~Kim (as well as the last 3 comments) :D

Jamie said...

Yay for moms that help out with the kiddos! I was wondering how you got all that done with two little ones around.

You made Christmas baking look like a ton of fun!

Gina said...

Low blow kim stealing my trick from earlier in the day!

Sonya said...

Mom's are amazing. I dont think we really appreciate them, when we're young. The older you get, and when you have kids, you realize how truly amazing they are!
I have my fingers crossed that I'll win =)

Emily said...

After seeing all those yummy goodies, I am inspired to create my own. Well, maybe.

I do wish I was your neighbor and was set to receive one of those tins!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, now I see what your secret was to this whole day - Grandma! I was wondering how you guys managed to bake all day with two little sweeties running around! Looks like you guys had fun, good job!

Heather said...

Love the apron! You guys are doing a wonderful thing baking for all your neighbors. I just make puppy chow and give them a candycane with the Christmas story on it! I feel a little lame compared to what all you do! Good for you!

Heather said...

Don't you just love grandmas! Aren't they the best! Especially when you need to get something done and you could do it with the kiddos, but it'd be so much easier without them! Yeah for Grandmas!

Alicia Lenoir said...

Isn't it a nice feeling to have everything done, it looked like fun are you taking invitations for people to join you baking next year? I love this time of the year and baking what fun it would be to do it with a friend.

Mindy said...

Ames, I looked through your pics from yesterday and i'm still laughing about our shrimp! :) Thanks for the good times! And Hannah had lots of fun too with "grandma" and Lily :) We'll have to make this a yearly thing until one of us moves.

Unknown said...

Have you seen the movie Julie and Julia? I just watched it last night - I think you'd like it. :)

Anonymous said...

wow you girls did so much baking. I am completely impressed. Everything looks delicious, even the shrimp, ha!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Megan, I have been wanting to see that movie for awhile! I'm glad to hear you liked it. I just have to convince Dave to watch it with me :)

 
Images by Freepik